It’s the end of an era. What started out as radio-info.com, then morphed into RadioDiscussions.com, has now closed up shop:
Said RBR-TVBR/Radio Ink EVP/GM TJ Lambert: “This was an economic decision. Our intention was to offer Radio Discussions as an option to our advertisers but we found there was no interest and though we respect what Doug Fleming originally built, it simply does not make sense to pour cash into something with no prospect of revenue.”
While I’m sad to see it go (I had been using radio-info.com for many years), it’s not that much a surprise that it’s gone. The latest redesign of the site left me confused as to where things were, so I slowly stopped using it. However, fear not, there are other radio and broadcasting centric sites to fill your need for radio information.
Here’s what I’m subscribed to in NewsBlur:
- AllAccess.com – radio industry news
- FMQB – Friday Morning Quarterback, radio and music news
- Fybush Media (subscription required for full access) – home of the NERW (Northeast Radio Watch)
- RadioInsight – radio news and discussions (from one of the co-creators of the original radio-info.com)
- Tuned In – media news for the New York City area
Of course, there are many others out there. Feel free to add them in the comments.